History

Established in 1959 by the Maranatha Fellowship Trust, the Home has proved a peaceful haven for elderley folk in their declining years. The Trust is made up of Christians drawn from Open Brethren Assemblies from the South of New Zealand. Anyone, regardless of their religious affiliation is welcome and would need to be comfortable with the Christian Character of the home.

In 1920 it was purchased by Dr. Patrick Shaw and was his home and surgery until 1948.

After World War 2 it continued to be the surgery for Dr. J.M. Wilson. In 1952, the house was sold by Miss Margaret Shaw to the present owners, the Maranatha Fellowship Trust Inc.